Thursday, March 15, 2012

Project 3

I have just finished project 3 and really enjoyed designing my own poster.  It was nice to be able to use color again in this project.  For the second part of this project i choose to write about the poster below
When i first saw this poster i immediately loved it.  The design is simple but the message is very powerful.  I also love how there is a heart in the background 
which directly relates to the wording. 
The best posters and designs are simple but strong in my opinion,  Using different sizing of the words is also meaningful.  By having the words same and equals bigger the message becomes even more present.  This was a great choice for conveying such a relevant issue.  This poster was made in 2010 and i believe it fits its time well.  A modern simple design is key.  This poster was designed by Jess Sand.  The effectiveness of the poster is positive and is different from other posters i have seen that dealt with the same topic. 
By having the simplicity in the design the message is able to shine through easily.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the way your poster turned out, Jessica!

    Funny story- I almost used this poster for my post as well, but found a different one instead. I'm glad someone used it though!

    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I completely agree on what you said about loving posters that are simple but strong. Sometimes very little words/graphics can have such a large impact on the message!

    ReplyDelete